Welcome to the Goshen County Sheriff's Department website. This website provides you, the citizen, with valuable information related to law enforcement services for Goshen County, Wyoming. You can also contact us for questions, comments, or feedback under the ABOUT tab.
Click It or Ticket
Click It or Ticket 2010 NHTSA
Enforce Belt Laws, Increase Belt Use, Save Lives
Make a commitment to safety!
Take a quick look at the numbers...
- Staggering losses — 25,351 occupants of passenger cars, pickup trucks, vans, and SUVs were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2008 (occupant deaths account for 68% of the 37,261 total traffic fatalities for the year).
- Greatly reduced risk — Worn correctly, seat belts reduce the risk of fatal injury by 45 percent for front-seat passenger car occupants — and by 60 percent for pickup truck, SUV, and minivan occupants.
- Huge saves — Seat belts, when used by passenger vehicle occupants 5 and older, saved an estimated 13,250 lives in 2008.
Turn staggering losses into huge saves...
- Commit to wear your seatbelt.
- Wear your seatbelt all the time — In 2008,12,671 passenger vehicle occupants died in motor vehicle crashes between the nighttime hours of 6 p.m. and 5:59 a.m., and nearly two-thirds (64%) were NOT wearing seat belts — compared to less than hajf (45%) of the occupants killed during the daytime hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.